Special thanks to Xiu Xiu, Alec Dartley at Aagoo records for releasing us on his label, Scott Williams and Cody at WFMU for doing sound, Ruth, Madeline, Todd Abramson the booker, and everyone attending.
Esteemed Video Director GVS chose The Use track “Hello Everybody” for the Vogue Louis Vuitton ManusxMachina Show Met Gala. License these tracks at Audiosocket, or commission your own at ALL REAL SOUND.
A destruction of the inner walls of 231 Maujer street was bordered by performances galore. Of which great fun was had.
PREORDER White/Red 7″ Vinyl for $7, coming out on Aagoo Records.
Profits from On My Deathbed go to China Labor Watch
New York label Alrealon Musique offered up this track for The Wire’s Below The Radar special compilation series. Watch TheUse’s exclusive video here
TheUse is theremin player and electronic music producer Michael Durek, who released his debut album What’s The Use? on Alrealon Musique in 2014. His work incorporates elements of techno, jazz, hiphop and psych pop. TheUse has toured the US, Europe, India and Canada.
This exclusive video was directed by Durek’s cousin Brian Bolanowski and mastered by All Real Sound. The track is available for subscribers to download as part of The Wire Below The Radar Special Edition: Alrealon Musique Presents From A To U.
Some personal details embedded in the The Wire premier of Semantix, created by Brian Bolanowski
- This is a painting that my wife Anne Percoco slightly doctored up to look like our beloved recently deceased cat, Mrs. Mindy Hussein Lebowski aka “Satch”. The sweet thing had lots of names. We miss her.
- In the background is a lamp that Anne made out of a large Cafe Bustelo can. It’s my favorite espresso, I even prefer it to brands that are 4 times as expensive.
- In the background is a peculiar ornate pillow. It is actually apart of Anne’s sculpture, Canopy
- This is a painting that I made as a small child as a gift for my Nana. Recently a friend described it as a metaphor for the human condition.
- The lights during the build are from the Moog Slim Phatty. Aside from the Etherwave, it’s the only analog synth that I own. I bought it for three reasons. Because it weights less then 6 lbs, it sounds badass, it fits in my bag with the theremin. It’s all over this track. I even used it for the snare sound.
- I absolutely love taking baths, but only in the winter. It’s one of my favorite things about winter.
- This is an Aagoo shirt. Alec sent me a welcome package when I became slotted to join the Aagoo roster. It’s a 7″ that will come out this fall, during tour and features Rachel Mason, Black Saturn and Charvak R. Jagtap
— The Wire Magazine (@thewiremagazine) December 15, 2015
A photo posted by Excepter (@exceptergram) on
May 7th Saturday, 1pm to 3pm.
Register for Free here