Wow – I can’t believe it’s already June! Wanted to share some comings and goings this year …
- TheUse – Semantix came out on The Wire Magazine’s Below The Radar CD, on Alrealon Musique Presents: From A to U.
- A new 7″ Vinyl for TheUse is finished and coming out this fall ( Aagoo Records 2016 ), thanks to the wonderful Alec Dartley. It features dear collaborators Rachel Mason, Black Saturn, and Charvak R. Japtap – who I played with in India at the Upvan Arts Festival. Magnificent mastering by Philippe Gerber at ALL REAL SOUND. and awesome art by Bas Mantel.
- Produced two tracks with Rachel Mason – on spec and for possible use for her upcoming opera film.
- Wrote a GPS-mapped score to The Highline, which launched at U-GRUVE HARMAN STORE on Madison Ave for Creative Tech Week, and anybody with an iPad or iPhone can download it free.
- Produced a David Bowie cover for Scott Williams WFMU DJ Premium Cover Girls Vol.3 feat. Rachel Mason
- Created a brand new version of Rachel Mason’s Sand Dunes, which new vocals tracked at Steve Silverstein’s studio, coming out on CD with Bad Alchemy print magazine in Germany via Alrealon Musique
- Created a secret track coming out on compilation Cassette and CD with another surprise collaborator.
- Finished a remix for diNMachine‘s epic track Sang Gween, coming out on Cassette.
- Created a new Track called “National Puppy Day feat. TayandYou” for the LATEX RECORDS AI New Mind Emergence Compilation.
- Got to go to Moogfest with Cyborg artists Neil Harbisson, Moon Ribas , and musician Pau Riba
Phew! But alas TheUse still managed to perform at HARMAN Soundcheck series, Excepter Presents at Trans Pecos, Spectrum, and multiple times at the South Street Seaport Out to See festival thanks to dear friends at Little Water Radio, ANNY:Animation Nights NYC, and eyesnare.
This summer, while Anne and I search for a new apartment, I’m trying to close the door on all remixes, compilations, one-offs, etc, no matter how tasty they sound! ( Oh it’s hard!) And I’m hunkering down to make a new full album for TheUse – scheduled to come out in 2017. In addition, gearing up for an Indonesia tour as part of Pas Musique, directly followed by TheUse tour in Europe.